1) Internet risks – give examples of four things that can go wrong with a transactional site?
Answer: 1. During the transaction customer make the wrong order or they pay the incorrect amount of money.
2. The customer paid the money for order and the seller run out of that product
3. Other sellers they abuse the product and give the bad feedback
4. During the transaction the account information may be hacked by someone
2) Write down a definition for each:
Answer: Ecommerce is buying and selling the products and services by businesses or consumers over the internet.
It can spared the middleman to reduce the cost and make the transaction easier.
Answer: E-business is to use internet to do business, for example sale fresh flowers on eBay and customer can make the order online and pay by PayPal.
Ebusiness can let people do business with the whole world.
3) What is the difference between buy side and sell side eCommerce?
Answer: Buy side Ecommerce is to buy the resources from the business suppliers for organization need.
Sell side Ecommerce is seeling product and services to the business by internet.
4) Describe the different types of eBusiness
Answer: B2B is business to business. For example, Alibaba, business sale the product to another business. B2C is business to customer.
For example, Domino online order to sale the pizza to customer.
B2G is business to government. For example, Lockheed Martin sale the weapons to United State Government.
C2B is customer to business. For example, when a consumer writes reviews. C2C is customer to customer. For example, eBay.
C2G is customer to government. For example, customer give the feedback on government website.
G2B is government to business. For example, government give the order to business company like weapon list. G2C is government to customer.
For example, government give the tax information online to show the customer.
G2G is government to government. For example, it can helps governments fighting against crimes and terrorists.
5) Which digital technology has the highest penetration rate? Explain and source your answer.
Answer: The digital technology which has the highest penetration rate is Cell Phone. Cell Phone have several advantage:
Mobility, Advanced Technology, Long distance calling, Safety Net, Revolutionary Devices.
6) List: Four drivers to adoption of sell-side e-commerce by business.
Answer: 1) Expansion the market. Through sell-side ecommerce, businesses can target customers all of the world, it can advertise all the world and increase the amount of customer.
2) Decrease the inventory business needed. Businesses do not need put huge inventories in store, just need to distribute the inventory on time.
3) Save cost. This is a critical driver to sell side ecommerce by a business because its no rent,
no staff wages.
4) All weather operations. A owner closes the store at 4:30 and the trade has finish,
but the benefit or behind ecommerce is that business can run 24/7 and no limited time.
7) Four barriers to adoption of sell-side e-commerce by business.
Answer: 1) Cost. The barriers of ecommerce is the cost associated with starting the business.
2) Time and resource. Ecommerce need lots of businesses’ time to manage, if cannot it might have some problem.
Without good resource, ecommerce might be not effectively and cannot run it well.
3) Lack of skills. If a owner wants to create a ecommerce business he/she must have some computer skills otherwise he/she may waste the money.
And communication skills is also important, because without good communication skills the services or products are can lead to dissatisfaction and eventual decrease in business.
4) Security. The safety on internet is very important for ecommerce, to keep you away from those hackers and protect your business account safely.
8) How might a restaurant in Sturt Street Ballarat benefit from an online presence?
Answer: The restaurant can create a ecommerce business online. Put the menu online and customers can order online.
Also can put adds on it and buy the food online through ecommerce,
its cheaper, fresh and fast. Through those ways, the restaurant can reduce the cost, increase the brand image and revenue.
9) What are some examples of Digital information?
Answer: Internet, E-books, Smart phone, Wifi, 4G, 3D print.
10) What is the semantic web? Are we there yet?
Answer: Semantic web is a web of data, semantic web ideally finds information and data which is relevant to what the user wants.
The difference to the world wide web is that the the web provides every basic and indirect information.
No I dont think we there. The world wide web is fairly dominated by the use of search engines such as google or baidu.